How to choose a retractable bollard ?
We have identified the main criteria for drafting your project. Asking the right questions will help guide you towards choosing bollards that perfectly match the technical requirements for your project.
1. New Project or renovation ?
This the first time that bollards will be installed or are you replacing existing bollards ?
This is the question to ask first because an existing installation may have technical constraints, such as water drainage requirements and integration of the control system, which will guide us in choosing the right model. For example, the advantage of eCiteco bollard is easier to install for a access control site already equipped thanks to its reduced size.
2. How often will the bollards be used ?
It is essential to estimate whether the terminal will have a high operating rate so that you can be directed towards choosing an automatic bollard or a mechanical (semi-automatic) model. Beyond ten rising and lowering manoeuvres per day, it is preferable to install an electric bollard to meet the higher performance requirement.
3. Installation location
- Operating rate
- Bollard strength
- Bollard height
- Level of security
Car parks, pedestrian areas, taxi stands, social housing/co-owned properties, business and private premises, public administration buildings, high-risk and sensitive areas (banks, embassies, ministries, etc.)
4. What is the purpose of the installation ?
- To block off a pedestrian area
- To regulate vehicle traffic in urban areas
- To secure access to a public or private building
- To block off a private parking area, taxi stand, delivery area, etc.
- To protect the entrance to a residence, co-owned properties, social housing, etc.
- To highly secure a sensitive or high-risk area
5. Geographic location
6. What are the constraints ?
- What risks might the bollard face? A marketplace can be a busy area but one which is generally used less frequently; so the choice of bollard depends on the objective of the installation and the overall project.
- Deadlines to be complied with
- Other technical constraints
7. Related needs
What are the needs associated with the use of the bollard ?
We need to understand how the bollard will be used : by remote control, coded keypad, controller, etc. In the case of a pedestrian area equipped with bollards, the users (e.g. access to administrative buildings, fire service access, shopkeepers for deliveries) must be taken into account in order to understand the project as a whole.
Our team supports you in the study and implementation of your project.